What is Chicharrón:
Usually, chicharrón refers to fried pork rinds or fried fatty pork. For our recipe we’re using shredded pork and we’re going to cook it in a crock-pot. The results are a shredded pork that not only great in our pupusas recipe, but also perfect for burritos, tacos and nachos. You can also serve our chicharrón over rice.
- 5lbs of Pork Butt
- 2 Cups of salsa
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- Dash of Black Pepper
- Cut pork into large pieces.
- Place meat, 1 Cup of salsa, Cumin, Salt and Pepper into crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 7 hours. Pork is done cooking when it pulls apart easily with fork
- Take pork out of crock-pot and shred with fork.
- Combine the shredded pork and the liquid from the crock-pot in a skillet and cook over medium heat until the liquid evaporates. Pork should start to brown
- Mix in the other cup of salsa.
- To make Pupusas mixture, put pork into a food processor and use short pulses to grind the meat.