Here’s our simple and delicious Cheese Pupusas Recipe!
- 2 Cups of Masa Harina
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Cup of Queso Fresco
- Mix masa harina and water until smooth consistency.
- Cover and let dough rest about 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into eight balls. Each should be about two inches in diameter.
- Sprinkle flour on a flat surface.
- With a rolling pin, roll each ball into 6 inch diameter circle.
- On 4 of the circles spread 1/4 cup queso fresco.
- Cover the tortilla and cheese with a second tortilla and pinch the edges together to seal in the cheese.
- Heat ungreased skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until cheese melts and tortillas are lightly browned, which should be about 2 minutes on each side.