Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 at
What is Chicharrón:
Usually, chicharrón refers to fried pork rinds or fried fatty pork. For our recipe we’re using shredded pork and we’re going to cook it in a crock-pot. The results are a shredded pork that not only great in our pupusas recipe, but also perfect for burritos, tacos and nachos. You can also serve our chicharrón over rice.
- 5lbs of Pork Butt
- 2 Cups of salsa
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- Dash of Black Pepper
- Cut pork into large pieces.
- Place meat, 1 Cup of salsa, Cumin, Salt and Pepper into crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 7 hours. Pork is done cooking when it pulls apart easily with fork
- Take pork out of crock-pot and shred with fork.
- Combine the shredded pork and the liquid from the crock-pot in a skillet and cook over medium heat until the liquid evaporates. Pork should start to brown
- Mix in the other cup of salsa.
- To make Pupusas mixture, put pork into a food processor and use short pulses to grind the meat.
Make your pupusas dough using our authentic pupusas recipe and fill with chicharrón mixture. Cook the assembled pupusa as you would an other variety and enjoy!
Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 at
These chicken & cheese pupusas are awesome. It one a more complicated pupusas recipe, but well worth the effort. I hope you enjoy them and this recipe to your cookbook!
- 2 cups masa harina (see Note)
- 1 3/4 cups very warm tap water
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded roasted chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 2 tablespoons minced dry chorizo
- Cayenne pepper
- About 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- Sour cream, pickled jalapeños, chopped onion, guacamole and hot sauce, for serving
- In a medium bowl, using your hands, mix the masa harina with the water and 1/2 teaspoon salt until a soft dough forms. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough stand for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with the cheddar, queso fresco and chorizo. Season with salt and cayenne.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Working with 1 ball at a time and keeping the rest covered, press the dough in the palm of your hand to form a cup with walls about 3/8 inch thick. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the chicken filling into the cup and pinch to seal. Pat the filled dough into a flat 4-inch patty; pinch to seal any cracks. Set the pupusa on a baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Repeat with the remaining balls of dough and filling.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat 1/2 cup of the oil until shimmering. Add 4 pupusas and cook over high heat, turning once or twice, until golden and crisp outside and heated through, about 5 minutes. Repeat with the remaining pupusas, adding more oil to the skillet as needed. Serve the pupusas with sour cream, pickled jalapeños, chopped onion, guacamole and hot sauce.
Saturday, July 14th, 2012 at
Bean & Cheese Pupusas Recipe
Here us our favorite pupusas recipe. This is the best authentic recipe!
- 5 Cups of Masa Harina Flour
- 4 Cups of Water
- 24 Ounces of Canned Refried Beans.
- 3 Cups of Soft White Cheese
- Light Vegetable oil (Olive oil can be substituted)
- Slowly mix together water and masa harina.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Mix together refried beans and cheese.
- Divide dough into 25 or so pieces and roll them into balls.
- Flatten the dough until it’s about 1/2 inch thick.
- Fill half of the flattened dough with a spoonful of bean and cheese mixture.
- Cover with second piece of dough and pinch the sides closed.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Brush pupusas with oil and cook on each side. Pupusas should cook in about 3-5 minutes. Note: The outside should be firm.
Additional Pupusas Recipes:
Saturday, July 14th, 2012 at
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Pupusas Recipe’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Pupusas Recipe’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Pupusas Recipe at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Pupusas Recipe’s web site are provided “as is”. Pupusas Recipe makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Pupusas Recipe does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Pupusas Recipe or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Pupusas Recipe’s Internet site, even if Pupusas Recipe or a Pupusas Recipe authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Pupusas Recipe’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Pupusas Recipe does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Pupusas Recipe may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Pupusas Recipe does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Pupusas Recipe has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Pupusas Recipe of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Pupusas Recipe’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.