Bean & Cheese Pupusas Recipe
Here us our favorite pupusas recipe. This is the best authentic recipe!
- 5 Cups of Masa Harina Flour
- 4 Cups of Water
- 24 Ounces of Canned Refried Beans.
- 3 Cups of Soft White Cheese
- Light Vegetable oil (Olive oil can be substituted)
- Slowly mix together water and masa harina.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Mix together refried beans and cheese.
- Divide dough into 25 or so pieces and roll them into balls.
- Flatten the dough until it’s about 1/2 inch thick.
- Fill half of the flattened dough with a spoonful of bean and cheese mixture.
- Cover with second piece of dough and pinch the sides closed.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Brush pupusas with oil and cook on each side. Pupusas should cook in about 3-5 minutes. Note: The outside should be firm.